Searching for accident attorneys in Florida?? Two drivers caused a car accident when they were both behaving negligently. After litigating the case in a Florida court, the jury decides that the damages from the car accident are $100,000. The jury also decides that one car driver was 70% at fault for the accident, while the other driver was 30% at fault for the accident. That means that the first driver will be responsible for $70,000 in damages, while the other driver will be responsible for $30,000 in damages caused by the car accident.
If in your first conversation, the adjuster makes an offer so low that it is obviously just a negotiating tactic to see if you know what your claim is really worth, do not immediately lower the amount you put in your demand letter. Instead, ask the adjuster to give you the specific reasons why the offer is so low. Make notes of the conversation. Then write a brief letter responding to each of the factors the adjuster has mentioned. Depending on the strength of any of the adjuster’s reasons, you can lower your demand slightly, but before lowering your demand very far, wait to see whether the adjuster will budge after receiving your reply letter. The next time you speak with the adjuster, begin by asking for a response to your reply letter. The adjuster should now make you a reasonable offer upon which you will be able to bargain and arrive at a fair final settlement figure.
Insurance companies do not pay money willingly. The insurance company can be expected to thoroughly investigate the facts of your accident and use any prior history of related medical conditions to diminish the value of your claim. Insurance companies may hire a private investigator to film your physical activities in public. In substantial injury claims, insurance companies may even try to set you up by having their investigators trick you into engaging in physical activities such as carrying a heavy package, bending to pick up bulky objects or changing a flat tire.
Even if you believe you weren’t hurt badly, go to the emergency room or see a doctor as soon as possible after an injury accident. You may have internal injuries, a concussion, or soft tissue damage (like whiplash) that you aren’t even aware of. This helps ensure that you get the treatment you need as quickly as possible. If you wait to seek medical treatment, the insurance company may try to say you weren’t seriously injured. Your medical records will play a crucial role in your claim and help you negotiate the best possible settlement.
You’ve been hurt in an accident. You’re missing work. You’re in a lot of pain. You’re being harassed by insurance companies. When you are injured by someone’s mistakes, Florida law equips us to help you recover for your pain and suffering, lost wages, medical bills and other expenses from the accident. We know all the tricks that insurance companies play to keep from paying what you are owed. We used to work for them and we were good at it. Here at Bengal Law: Florida Accidents Lawyers & Personal Injury Attorneys, we use all that experience to help you get fair compensation for your suffering. We’re here to help. See additional info at Bengal Law PLLC.
A personal injury can bring losses both immediately and long into the future. You might not fully recover from your injuries before your case goes to trial. It’s crucial to make considerations about future recovery when negotiating a settlement amount. You can include future damages as a part of your claim. In some cases, future damages might even comprise the majority of your losses. You need to work with medical professionals to document these losses and include them in your claim.